Geothermal Heat Pumps are nothing new. They have been around since the 1940s. These heat pumps use the constant temperature of the earth as the exchange medium instead of the outside air, like traditional air-source heat pumps. As a result, geothermal heat pumps can reach 300-600% efficiency on cold nights, according to Energy.gov. How? Well, while the temperature outside may fluctuate greatly, the temperature of the earth remains relatively constant. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this fact, exchanging heat with the ground via ground heat exchanger.
The Benefits of Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Energy Efficiency: As we have already mentioned, geothermal heat pumps are extremely efficient.
- Heating and Cooling: Don’t let the name fool you. Geothermal heat pumps are capable of heating and cooling your home. They can even be equipped to supply your home with hot water.
- Durable: When compared to an air-source heat pump, geothermal heat pumps tend to require less maintenance and last longer. System life is estimated at 25 years for the inside components and 50+ years for the ground loop.
- Quiet: Geothermal heat pumps are also incredibly quiet.
- Save Money: While geothermal heat pumps may be relatively costly to install, the additional costs are returned to you in energy savings in 5 to 10 years.
Want to learn more about Geothermal Heat Pumps?
If you want to learn more about geothermal heat pumps, call Fresh Air Concepts today. We can provide you with the knowledge and expertise to design a system unique to your home…one that is within your budget and that will maximize your energy savings.
Our in house, state of the art automated sheet metal facility allows us to customize your heating and cooling – system, from small residential to full scale commercial applications.
If you have any questions about Geothermal Heat Pumps, please contact Fresh Air Concepts by calling 1-800-708-4FAC or click here today! Fresh Air Concepts has won the prestigious Carrier Corp. President’s Award winner for the 7th consecutive year, becoming one of only four Factory Authorized Dealers nationwide to receive this award seven years in a row.