Businesses today are constantly looking for ways to cut costs, especially with the current state of the economy. And while many organizations accomplish this through layoffs and reduced spending, there is a better way.
The Answer: Radiant-Cooling Systems
Using a cooling tower, radiant cooling systems utilize the cool night air. The air is blown through the tower, cooling water, which is then moved through a plate-and-frame heat exchanger and circulated through cross-linked-polyethylene (PEX) tubing.
During the day, warmer building air is blown through narrow plenums below the slabs. The air is cooled and discharged through perforated grilles in a radiant ceiling
Benefits of Radiant-Cooling
- Energy Efficient: Low energy consumption because fan use is minimized. Pumping water is far more efficient than blowing air.
- Comfort: Increased comfort because radiant-cooling/chilled-beam systems circulate less air and do not create drafts or evaporative cooling on skin.
- Quiet: Low noise because radiant-cooling/chilled-beam systems circulate less air than all-air systems, such as VAV systems.
- Space: Reduced floor-to-floor building height and maximization of space because chilled ceilings/chilled beams do not require large ductwork and fans.
- Cost Effective: Lower first cost and additional space savings because only one pipe can be used in an injection mixing/pumping system to serve multiple temperature requirements.
Commercial HVAC Systems from Fresh Air Concepts
Commercial properties present unique challenges for delivering reliable indoor comfort. That’s why it makes sense to turn to Fresh Air Concepts. When It Comes to Comfort, We’re All Business! Whether you are in need of a service, regular maintenance or replacing your existing system, Fresh Air Concepts is your complete HVAC Company. Fresh Air Concepts services all makes and models of heating and air conditioning equipment.
If you have any questions about Radiant-Cooling Systems, please contact Fresh Air Concepts by calling 1-800-708-4FAC or click here today! We specialize in Heating, Air Conditioning, and Air Purification in both residential and commercial applications for the Maryland Area.
Fresh Air Concepts’ mission is simple… “To Be Your HVAC Contractor of Choice for All of Your Maryland Indoor Heating, Air Conditioning, and Air Purification Quality Needs”