Your HVAC system impacts much more than just energy efficiency. Your HVAC system also impacts the health and comfort of your family. Needless to say, your HVAC system plays an important role in your home, so regular HVAC maintenance is a must. But what else could you be doing to improve your family’s comfort?
Improving Your Family’s Comfort in Five Easy Steps
- Set the fan mode to the “On” position to keep air moving and helps improve overall comfort, unless your home will be unoccupied for an extended period of time.
- If you are looking for a quick, inexpensive way to improve the energy efficiency of your home and save a few dollars in the process, then a programmable thermostat may be the perfect addition to your home. Click Hereto learn more.
- Change your furnace filters every three months. This will help improve air flow, indoor air quality, energy efficiency, and comfort. Did you know that indoor air can be as much as 100 times more polluted than outdoor air? Yuck! Click Hereto learn more.
- Keep all duct registers open. Closing the registers to unoccupied rooms doesn’t help. It actually hinders overall system efficiency. Try to keep all registers open.
- Check your humidity settings. If the humidifier is not set to the current season the humidity levels will not be correct in the home. This could lead to condensation and comfort issues.
- Try to balance air flow in the home. This has a lot to do with ductwork. Uneven heating and cooling could be caused by uneven airflow within your ductwork. An airflow imbalance also causes your system to work overtime in order to compensate, running up your heating and cooling bills and shortening the life of your HVAC system.
HVAC Maintenance from Fresh Air Concepts
Fresh Air Concepts offers HVAC maintenance and installation services throughout central Maryland. We also offer several maintenance contracts geared towards extending the life of your HVAC system through meticulous inspections and annual maintenance.
Click Here to get started!
Call Fresh Air Concepts today to schedule your HVAC Maintenance and improve your family’s comfort. Please contact us by calling 1-800-708-4FAC! Make sure to also follow Fresh Air Concepts on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ as well.