Air conditioning units require little maintenance, but that does not mean you can neglect them. Properly cleaning your air conditioner will ensure it lasts for decades, while neglecting your unit will result in a 5% loss in efficiency every year.
Cleaning your air conditioner coils and filters regularly is easy and takes very little time. This article from Residential.Carrier.com breaks down proper air conditioning maintenance.
Regularly cleaning and maintaining your air conditioning unit will ensure that it operates at peak performance, meaning you will recover any money invested in upkeep by lowering your repair costs. Plus, with your unit running as efficiently as possible, you will save money on your electric bill too. But what does properly maintaining an air conditioner really mean?
Well, if you are a homeowner who likes to take on projects like this themselves, you should:
• Regularly make sure the condensing unit located outside is not covered up or clogged with leaves or debris. The unit needs to breathe, to draw air into the system.
• Change the filters regularly.
• Do not use a hose and water to try to clean the interior of the unit. Cleaning the unit in this way can lead to serious risk of electrical shock and possible shorting of electrical components.
If you prefer to hire a professional, their services should include:
• Balancing refrigerant levels.
• Making sure all electrical components and controls are working properly.
• Checking and cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils.
• Oiling motors (if applicable).
• Checking the thermostat for functionality.
• Checking filters.
If you have any questions, contact Fresh Air Concepts by calling 1-800-708-4FAC or click here today!