Summer is almost here in Baltimore. And you know what that means, right? Heat and humidity. And if you want to keep your customers, clients, and employees happy, you are going to have to crank up the air conditioning. Ca-ching! So, unless you are okay with high energy bills (and we are guessing you aren’t), it is important to prepare your HVAC system for the summer heat.
Summer HVAC Tips to help your Baltimore Business beat the Heat
- HVAC Maintenance: First and foremost, maintenance. Don’t waste money because of an inefficient AC system. Spring HVAC maintenance can help not only improve the efficiency of your system, but also prevent costly breakdowns and extend the life of your HVAC equipment. That is what we like to call a win-win!
- Office Thermostat: The ideal temperature for your building is 78 degrees during the summer. Set the thermostat to 85 degrees when the workplace is unoccupied. Tip No. 3 can help!
- Programmable Thermostat: One way to cut cooling costs is with the use of a programmable thermostat. Why cool your building when no one is around? It’s wasteful. A programmable thermostat allows you to set a cooling schedule so your HVAC system powers down while your business is closed, but turns back on before you open. The end result: you save money without sacrificing comfort.
- Energy Star Products: When investing in new HVAC equipment, look for the Energy Star label. These products are proven to be energy efficient and reliable.
- Change Filters:Regularly replacing the filter for your unit will help increase efficiency and indoor air quality (IAQ).
Commercial Maintenance Contracts from one of Baltimore’s most trusted HVAC Companies
With rising energy costs, Fresh Air Concepts, LLC realizes the importance of routine maintenance. Our commercial maintenance contracts are designed to extend the life of your systems, forecast/prevent mechanical failure, and to ensure your system is operating at peak efficiency, which ultimately leads to energy cost savings.