Whoa! Where did spring go? It’s only May and the temperature in Baltimore has already reached the mid-80s. Throw in Maryland’s infamous humidity and some homeowners have already started turning on their air conditioners. But before you jump on the comfort bandwagon, take a step back and ask yourself one very important question; “is my HVAC system ready?”
Spring HVAC Maintenance Checklist for your Baltimore Home
- Believe it or not, the average home should have its HVAC air filters replaced every three months (more often if you have a pet, smoke, or have allergies). When was the last time you replaced yours? If it has been a while, now is the perfect time to act. Replacing dirty filters will not only help make your HVAC system more efficient (saving you money on your heating and cooling bills), but it will also improve the indoor air quality (IAQ) of your home.
- Clean debris – such as leaves, twigs, and trash – from around your outdoor unit. This debris will hinder air flow and cause a drop in energy efficiency.
- While not directly related to your HVAC system, it is a good idea to seal any drafts around doors and windows. These drafts will allow cool air to escape your home and cause your HVAC system to work twice as hard to achieve your desired level of comfort.
- Spring is also the perfect time to evaluate your insulation needs. During the summer, the temperature in Maryland is consistently in the 90s. That hot sun is continually beating down on your roof, heating up your attic. Without the proper amount of attic insulation, this heat will radiate through your roof and into your home.
- Have your HVAC system professionally inspected and serviced. Lack of proper maintenance by a licensed and qualified HVAC contractor is one of the leading causes of malfunctioning equipment and high operation costs.
HVAC Maintenance in Baltimore
Don’t waste money because of an inefficient AC system. Fresh Air Concepts offers Air Conditioner maintenance and AC installation services throughout the Baltimore area. We also offer several maintenance contracts geared towards extending the life of your HVAC system through meticulous inspections and annual maintenance.
For more information on HVAC Maintenance in Baltimore or to schedule your free in-home consultation, please contact Fresh Air Concepts by calling 1-800-708-4FAC or click here today! Make sure to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ as well!