A thermostat is a thermostat is a thermostat, right? Well, not quite. Your thermostat can actually have a pretty big impact in the overall energy efficiency of your HVAC system. And with summer right around the corner and high energy bills looming in the not-so-distant future, now is the perfect time to address efficiency issues.
What is the Nest Thermostat?
The Nest Thermostat by Nest Labs is a connected thermostat with an Android app that allows homeowners to remotely control the temperature of their home. While this is certainly not a new concept, the Nest Thermostat has several advantages over similar products.
- Easy to Use Display: Gone are the days when programmable thermostats were just too complicated to use. The Nest Thermostat was designed with usability in mind. The easy to use display is unlike any other thermostat on the planet. Simply turn the dial to the right or left to adjust your temperature settings and the digital display will change right along with you.
- Artificial Intelligence: Well, close to it. The software adapts to you the more you use it and will actually use contextual clues to start making temperature changes based on your previous settings. You can also program such setting into your thermostat ahead of time. Either way, this thermostat helps you more efficiently control the temperature of your home.
- Remote Temperature Controls: The Nest thermostat Android app is exceptionally easy to use, built with the end use in mind.
- Voice Controls: You can use Google Now to control your Nest Thermostat. Simply say “OK Google” before your command.
- Save Money: How do you know when you are using your thermostat efficiently? The Nest Thermostat tells you. A little green leaf pops up on the display when you’re entering a temperature range that will help you save money. What could be simpler?
- Actionable Data: Want to know how your energy usage stacks up? The Nest Thermostat allows you to track your energy usage day by day. This will help homeowners to tweak settings, curb energy usage, and put a stop to energy-wasting habits.
- Humidity Controls: The Nest Thermostat monitors humidity and determines whether or not you need the air conditioner to switch on or just the fans to circulate air.
- And More!
The Nest Thermostat helps homeowners save money. Period. In fact, Nest Labs claims that the Nest Thermostat can lower your heating and cooling bills up to 20%. This translates to an average savings of $131 to $145 annually. So what are you waiting for? The Nest Thermostat pays for itself in less than two years.
Want to Learn More about the Nest Thermostat?
Fresh Air Concepts is your complete HVAC Company. We not only install, service, and repair HVAC systems, but we also specialize in programmable thermostat installation. So if you think the Nest Thermostat is for you, give us a call today – 1-800-708-4FAC. One of our technicians will be more than happy to discuss your options and give you a better understanding of how this new technology can transform the way you look at your energy usage.